Thursday, March 10, 2011

A great day with the Chix.

The Chix 'hiked' out at our neighborhood today, more like a walk out here, but we covered 5 miles.  After weeks of cold and snow or some warmth with blasting wind, we had a beautiful 50 degree day filled with sunshine and clear, clear blue skies.  There were 11 of us hiking, but three more joined us for lunch at La Casa Ramirez.  To make sure they could try some good new food, we had tapas of a spinach tortilla, chorizo and manchego cheese and olives.  We followed that with picadillo and rice, and of course dessert was CAKE!!  They had not tasted the wedding cake so after much pleading, I finally made a cake.  But I did have to have a little hiking chick (notice the sun hat and the brown boots), with a little new growth forrest tree, both made from modeling chocolate.  That path the chick is walking on is brown sugar.  This was my first attempt at modeling chocolate, and well... I love the baking, and the frosting/decorating, but I really don't get a big thrill out of making little creatures, so I'll probably not do too much more of them.
I forgot my picture for the hike, but someone else took one picture and I'll post it when she sends it to me. 
Oh, I also had a usb card plugged into the tv, and we had pictures of Cuba and Miami going the whole afternoon, they loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment