Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thunder!!!

In August of 2009 we had just moved to Piedmont, SD and I experienced my very first 'biker week' during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and the roar that penetrated the Black Hills was amazing. I knew a quilt had to come out of that astounding week.  All though  I love 'tee shirt' quilts and briefly thought about that, an image kept popping into my mind of 'spokes' and 'flames'.  I knew this was the direction I had to take, and began working on a design.  I finished the design and then finally the quilt.  I still have to 'quilt' it and will post pictures later of that process.  The song Motorcycle Mama  popped into my mind frequently, and I thought it was a pretty dated song, she'd now have her own bike, and in my quilt she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment