Monday, December 14, 2009

Let the fun begin!

  Since it has been so long since I have made the 'good buttercreams'  and cakes from The Cake Bible, I thought I better make a few batches and get my skills honed up so we can have the best wedding cake in the Black Hills. 
This is the mess in the kitchen, mostly due to the fact that I am gimping along and cannot stand for as long as I need, so I work a little, then rest the leg a little, and clean up comes at the end.
What good is baking if you don't watch the cooking channel while you work?
The final product.  It doesn't look like much for all the time it took me to make it, but that is the best frosting you have ever tasted.
Some homemade raspberry and strawberry puree to flavor some of the frosting for the cake filling.  That is a vanilla bean in the middle, just for artistic license. 

3 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED to taste test! Baking sample cakes, even with a recovering foot? You're AWESOME! Watch out, you're cake will be so popular you'll have people calling you up for custom orders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I had a 'sneak' preview tonight, just a small sliver of each of the flavors. I have three soaking with a simple syrup so they might be more moist. I'll have to work on the recipe in the new ovens, two of them came out a little dry. But that is easily rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:55 PM

    YUMMY! I am already getting excited for some wedding cake! :)

    -- linds

    ReplyDelete