Monday, November 15, 2010

Charleston, SC

The only trip we took outside of Charleston was a ferry over to Ft. Sumter.  Very interesting..





We got a kick out of all the parking tickets on this car.
They 'lost' my carry on bag (long story) and when I got it back, the case was broken and useless, as well as a few other things.  Luckily the damage to my sewing machine is cosmetic and it was still usable. I do not carry my good sewing machine when I fly, and this is why.

More of our hotel.

These are of the restaurant we enjoyed the most, it was called: Hominy Grill, and was very southern, and very, very fattening. They served boiled peanuts while you waited for dinner, Jorge is holding 'fried green tomatoes', and I had a piece of fried chicken breast, with Parmesan cheese on top, between a biscuit.  I had them put the gravy on the side.  There were enough calories in that alone to last me a whole day.




Here are some pictures from Charleston, SC.  The above two were in the hotel lobby.

3 comments:

  1. That picture of you both in the hotel is great!!! I really like it. :) How were the fried green tomatoes? I've aways meant to try one but never have gotten around to it. I feel so bad for the driver that received all those parking tickets. I firmly believe there should be a rule where you can't be double ticketed (or at least not triple ticketed for goodness' sake!!!) :)

    -- linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, the fried green tomatoes were good. I would have never believed it, but they were. Just a gazillion calories for a small piece of tomatoe though. Yes, there were actually some under those, I bet there were ten tickets on the car, so we're thinking someone just left it there and went off someplace. I agree, one ticket is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and a tad jealous of your trip. My aunt and uncle live in Charleston and it's been a few years since I've been back to visit. Hopefully I will never receive that many tickets in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete