Friday, May 24, 2013

I'M NOT READY TO KICK THE BUCKET, BUT...


Part of the Beartooth Mountain Range as seen from the town of Columbus, MT. Gateway to the well-known Beartooth Scenic Highway, and the beautiful town of Red Lodge, MT.
It is scenes like this one that raise my spiritual awareness, and transport me to reflect on life. All soon-to-be 62 years of it. An awesome journey, accompanied by the most wonderful partner. Four fabulous children who have spread their wings wide and far, living life to the fullest. And now a grandson who has rekindled the fire in our souls. 
I have sometimes wondered if I will experience the existential suffering I have witnessed in some of my dying patients. It is a very difficult question to answer before one actually gets there, but today I'm thinking I probably won't. JIR   

No comments:

Post a Comment