Thursday, April 12, 2007

Okay, so the grammar is bad, and was worse in my quilt blog. I was tired when I posted these pictures so I have made a few corrections. Thank you everyone for not pointing that out, especially those of you feel improper grammar and bad spelling are unacceptable.

I had a busy week end in NY and it is taking me sometime to recover from the business and the stress of all that had to be done for my Mom. Alice, Tim and Linda M. earn big kudos from me for all their hard work they do on a daily basis. Pat, Rob and their granddaughter were visiting in the beginning of my trip, so it was nice to see them, but there wasn't enough time to visit as we all stayed so busy. As for Grandma Alice, that is another story, e-mail me privately if you want to know about her health and belligerence. There were some pictures taken by others, I'll post them as I get them.

A little funny side story: My 3 y. o. grandniece, Emma (Linda M.'s daughter), remained a little shy around me, and when I asked if she would be my friend, she pulled away and said no. I let it go thinking she hadn't seen me in two years, and didn't really know me. My sister (her grandmother) Alice told me different, she said Emma always saw pictures of the family and knew who everyone was, that when Emma wanted something from me, she'd be my friend. That night the three grandnieces were running around, yelling, and decided to play in the basement with flashlights, but Emma, being the youngest at only three wasn't so sure of this idea. She comes upstairs after a few minutes of this game, pulls me by my hand and says: "I'll be your friend now, will you come sit downstairs so I don't have to be afraid of the dark?" I couldn't resist and gladly sat downstairs while the girls played and giggled with the enthusiasm only little children can display.
-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment