Monday, April 23, 2007

Kitchen Catastrophe or a Mama Moment


It seemed like an innocent thing to do, the prosciutto had cooked nice and crisp, and after I added a little olive oil, I thought some nice red wine would help release all those nice little brown things that stuck to the pan, but it turned into anything except innocent. First it started splattering, I quickly stepped back, then leaning forward to turn the heat down, the spatters went "pop, pop, pop" and were louder and spitting farther so I leaned back to avoid the venomous oil, and KABOOM! What ever liquid was left in the pan exploded all over the entire kitchen, and me. Now our house has ceilings over ten feet high, and the oil was up the wall, and on the ceiling, across the room, down the hall, and all over me. Jenny had a blast licking up the nice Cabernet infused with a prosciutto taste, and Jorge and I spent the next 45 minutes trying to get it all cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment