Sunday, December 12, 2010

THE BREAD WAS GREAT BUT...

I accidentally dropped a measuring cup into the bowl while the mixer was kneading bread dough, causing the dough hook to be forcefully stopped by the foreign object. Subsequently, an unusual worrisome noise developed when I tried to turn the mixer on again. Ha, I must have stripped one of the gears, I said to myself. Our "old faithful" Kitchen Aid is at least18 years old and going strong, so I could not see trashing it before at least troubleshooting the problem and trying to fix it. It was smooth sailing pulling the mixer apart until I got stuck at one point. "I'll google this and look for a video" said Linda as she came to my rescue. 

Sure enough, she found a video that explained how to pull this machine apart. Close inspection revealed the stripped "worm gear", which I will order tomorrow. JIR 



No comments:

Post a Comment