Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Harvest Time

There are so many falling down shacks on the drive through eastern Montana, I often wonder their story.Marching combines.  These are a few of the critters I saw on my way home.  This fox stopped, looked at me and then moved on after I took my picture.I helped Diana with the last few days of harvest, with the cooking, delivering food, etc. But then Mike put me to work one day.  He asked if I could drive Heaths truck from Heaths house to the Mike and Diana's house, mentioning it had a 'small' trailer' on the back.  LOL, luckily he didn't see my face when I saw the 'small' trailer.  It turned out to be an easy ride, but the tough ride was when I had to get the 17 year old 'farm' truck with 230,000 + miles on it and drive it to town, it was as dirty on the outside as the inside, and drove like the steering wheel had no control over the tires!  Later they tell me it had to go in the shop because something was wrong with it.  I also spent a few hours riding the combine with Mike, a very good experience.  Now they say I have 'officially' experienced harvest and can come back to work any time!
On my visit to Fort Benton, I failed to get people pictures, but I did get a few of Diana and Mikes georgeous landscaping. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics mom. Did you get to drive the combine? If you did then I am sure you did better than my feeble attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nope Bud. Mike drove and only let me watch. I bet now that you are a more experienced driver, you would do a good job. The newer combines are really nice, they have computer screens in them and tell them how much wheat they are getting, how full they are, etc. A much nicer deal than when you were driving.

    ReplyDelete