Thursday, March 06, 2008




The above pictures are Jorge in front of the sign for the musical "We Will Rock You." It was in German, but still worth it, and I hope to find it in the United States and see it in English one of these days.
Jorge in front of the opera house, and then him in the town of Leoben, the town the 'family plot.' is.
The last is another picture of the church in Leoben (or one of the churches, we didn't have time to go in the others), I was very intrigued how they weren't afraid to mix the old with the new.
A little note on Leoben: I am not positive this is the 'town' where Nana was from (Nana being my grandmother), but it is where "Max Eisenhut" is buried, as I have a certificate saying so. Is Max her brother? I am not positive with that either, but the last name is the same, and she had this certificate. Then, almost ALL the pictures we have of the family, some one which has 'Karl' labeled on it, were developed in Leoben, as the town and company are printed on the back of each pictures. There are two other pictures labeled, one which is older then the rest, maybe late 1800's, and it is from "Wien" (Vienna), and one which might be Max, and it is from "Graz", a town about two hours away. But both Leoben and Graz are from the provence of "Steirmark" or the English name of "Styria", similar to our states, only larger. I am sure she is from this area, as it is all mining and there are many trains. Both certificates I have from family, Max and Karl, are listed as train conductors. A little mystery, but I am working on filling in the blanks. I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment