Friday, June 22, 2007

Things I learned from painting...





We are in the process of doing some, 'minor' remodeling in our kitchen, I thought I'd take some pictures since I am at a point I cannot go any further with painting. I also thought I'd share some 'life' lessons I learned from this project:

1. Always take a test drive, and don't be afraid to go for something different if you don't like it the first time (i.e this means buy a quart of the paint first, and try it out on a large portion of the wall).

2. Be prepared (have all the paint and supplies you will need).

3. You get what you pay for (your colors will match better, fade less and go on easier if you use good quality paint and supplies).

4. Dress in layers (use a base coat).

5. Life is short, enjoy it to it's fullest (which has nothing in common with my next thought, but it sounded good - use what ever color you want, you can always paint over it if you want to sell the house).

6. ALWAYS shut the ceiling fans off before you climb up on the ladder...

No comments:

Post a Comment