Sunday, June 14, 2009

15 DAYS TO GO

We found some interesting and beautiful visitors by the front door of our new house when we went by yesterday. The builder keeps the outside lights on all night, which may explain their attraction to our front door.
We have scheduled the closing for June 29, so we are anxiously counting down at this point. The carpet is in and the concrete forms are being laid down for all the outside concrete slabs: driveway, walkway to front door, air conditioner pad, and patios behind the great room and on the side of the master bedroom.











2 comments:

  1. Linda,
    The new house looks amazing! I just wanted to tell you that the coworker across the hall from me is a quilter. She was hanging a new quilt in her office today and I was telling her about the quilt you made for us for our wedding. I jumped on your website to show her the pictures of it. Anyway, it made me realize that I have to thank you again because it is our favorite wedding gift. We adore it. Also, you told me something about a piece of fabric or a piece of the design that had some significance and I can't remember what it was. If you think of it, you'll have to tell me again when we see you this summer! -Sara Casey Taleff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I don't have your e-mail so I hope you check this, I see you haven't written on your blog since February, so I'll try here.
    The block which is called "Chinese Coins" - it has two rows of small strips of fabric, is one that is used to make what the Chinese call the "100 Good Wishes Quilt". When someone is getting married (and I assume for other events), they have people give a scrap of fabric with good wishes bestowed upon each scrap, and it is made into a quilt. Well, I didn't have time to contact your family for a piece of fabric, so I just put a little blessing in each piece of fabric in the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete