Friday, October 03, 2008

Gifts given, gifts received.

Jorge and I each received Certificates of Appreciation from the U.S. Army. The packages came along with letters, pins and decals. The very next day I received a flag flown over Iraq, along from a certificate of authenticity.

The Certificates of Appreciation were requested for us from a person I know in Iowa, who has had me send quilts to injured veterans (the quilts are from our state wide Quilts for Heroes group). The flag is from a soldier that I sent one box and several letters to. He also has relatives in the area, and I had driven down to Buffalo to get him pictures of all the places he remembered visiting as a child. He states in his letter that also arrived with the flag, that as it was flown my name was called out.

What treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment