Friday, September 21, 2007

QOV

A Quilt of Valor.
This was a 'mystery' quilt, in other words, I didn't have a clue how it would look when it was finished. Although I am also doing a scrappy red/white/blue in this pattern, I wanted to make a second one, one that would be very up lifting. So I picked out colors that I thought would 'wow' me when I finished it. Again, remember I couldn't know how it would look, the directions come each week, so you can only pick the colors and hope. I picked the colors on their merit alone which made for an interesting but exciting way to choose fabric. These colors worked; the yellow jumps out, the blue and green scream at you, and the orange moves you all over the place! I'll post the red/white/blue when it is finished.
This QOV is going to a Captain, I hope he can find some comfort in it. It will be sent with wishes and prayers he recover quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment