Saturday, March 24, 2007

I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and let them know I haven't fallen off the earth. I have been the mad quilting lady, not sure I should admit to that, but what the heck, and have been quilting my backside asleep. Yes, if you sit in a chair long enough, that is possible.

I just finished Christina's 'Tee Shirt Quilt" and it has consumed most of my time. I'll finish the hand sewing of the binding this week, and then I'll post a picture. I made the quilt up as I went a long, so it did take some time, and some tearing out. Although I am very good at the tearing out part, I tear out so much, I think it is the best part of my sewing. I have started a quilt for a friends wedding, and took a class in that, so a whole Saturday was spent learning how to make these stars, and the quilts lovely name: "Stack and Whack", no I did not name it, but it sounds absurd for a wedding gift. I then spent another Saturday sewing with about 25 other ladies, it was "National Sewing Day" in case you missed it. They had a lot of door prizes, and we ate lunch with the seniors at the Senior Center, singing along with them as they celebrated St. Patty's Day with Pizza, milk and Irish songs. It was a great day, and I won some nice little door prizes. In June I go to "Quilt Design Camp" and I'll learn how to design my own quilts, plus Jorge and I will have a few days in Chicago (where the camp is located) to sight see and have a fun mini vacation.

I have been substituting at Holy Name Catholic School for the past month, I had 7th graders for three weeks, and boy is that a scream and holler to teach them religion. It is the last thing they worry about, but they were super kids and we had a blast, I sure will miss them. On Monday I sub music, that will not be as much fun, since I know very little about music, the teacher says not to worry, they'll have assignments to do, lets hope I don't have to answer any questions.

We finally found a house in Sheridan, and are excited to move in. We hope early May, since we are having a little remodeling done and that cannot start until closing, April 27. We'll post pictures as soon as we can, and keep you informed on the remodeling work.

It is sunny and beautiful here in Montana, so we are having a very nice week end. One of the few I think we'll get to use the hot tub since the weather is getting so warm. It has been record breaking warm weather, but I guess that is why we need to learn to conserve. Speaking of, I loved Lindsays post, it looks like some super projects going on in parts of the world.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment