Monday, June 13, 2011

Cruising

Here it is, the final quilt that began with the sound of a tsunami of motorcycles descending on the Black Hills in 2009 for the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.  Normally for us it is quiet where we live, but on this early morning, Jake and I sat outside and listened to the slight buzz that invaded our normal quietude.   When I drove to town, the 'buzz' became a roar and I found myself lost in an invasion of motorcycles.  It was both a frightening and a thrill.  As I tried to manuever through their tight lines to get to my errands later in the day it was nerve racking, and when we went to Sturgis on Friday Night, the power of the hundreds of thousands of motorcycles was a 'wow' eperience.  Since I find I either need to write down my experiences or come up with a quilt design that fits them to move on, the quilt design came to me.  So I had to complete it.  Now I can start the next one. Believe it or not, it will be a scene from a cartoon movie Jorge and I watched last week, "Tangled."





1 comment: